The Second Edition of the Conditions of Contract for Plant and Design-Build has been published by the Fédération Internationale des Ingénieurs-Conseils (FIDIC) as an update of the FIDIC 1999 Conditions of Contract for Plant and Design-Build (Yellow Book), First Edition.
The second edition of the FIDIC Yellow Book continues FIDIC’s fundamental principles of balanced risk sharing while seeking to build on the substantial experience gained from its use over the past 18 years. For example, this edition provides:
1) greater detail and clarity on the requirements for notices and other communications;
2) provisions to address Employers’ and Contractors’ claims treated equally and separated from disputes;
3) mechanisms for dispute avoidance and
4) detailed provisions for quality management, and verification of Contractor’s contractual compliance.
1. Language: English
2. Total pages: 141 (Exclude Guidance for The Preparation of Particular Conditions and Annexes; Forms Of Securities Forms of Letter of Tender, Letter of Acceptance, Contract Agreement and Dispute Adjudication/Avoidance Agreement)
3. Format: pdf.